Re: [DRAFT #3] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 09:36:57AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 04:53:10PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > An exception to the uniformity of the effects of transitional measures
> > is "max". I haven't touched it partly because it doesn't seem to have
> > received much attention as of lately, and partly because it seems to
> > actually have as a goal that of quickly converging to the desired term
> > limit.
>
> That's not my perception.

Well, factually, I haven't seen any further neither on this list, nor in
private mail to me, further improving that proposal in quite a while. Of
course that might be silent interest about "max", and I'm very glad
about that. It's just that I cannot be aware of it :)

> As such, I would appreciate it if you could change that option to, say,
> postpone the first term expiration to 6 months after the passing of the
> GR, rather than one month.
>
> If you don't do that, I'll have to propose it myself, but I'd rather
> avoid that ;-)

As mentioned before, I plan to propose/second only one proposal: 2-S.
But I do want other proposals to be as ready and as coherent as
possible, so that if others want to propose/second them, they won't have
to do all the heavy lifting.

So, by all means, if you have changes you'd like to see applied to "max"
before you'll be personally OK with proposing/seconding it, please send
it to me as patches against
http://git.upsilon.cc/?p=text/gr-ctte-term-limit.git;a=tree , I'll be
happy to integrate them, and update
https://people.debian.org/~zack/gr-ctte-term-limit/

In the specific case of "max", it would be a good idea for you to first
find consensus on them with Josh Triplett, who has been thus far the
main contributor to that proposal. Feel free to take this into private
mail with him, Cc:-ing me as needed.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .