Re: [SUMMARY] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On 21/11/14 at 10:45 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> There are three different variants that consider resignations/removals:
>
> "2-R": <[🔎] 20141119091345.GA9825@xanadu.blop.info>, formalized in
>        <[🔎] 20141120204606.GA30491@upsilon.cc>
>   expire the 2-R most senior members, with R the number of resignations/removals
>   over the last 12 months)
>
> "2-R'": <[🔎] 20141119220621.GA31739@master.debian.org>
>   R' is the number of resignations of people who have been on the TC for more
>   than 4.5 years
>
> "2-S": <[🔎] 874mttkatj.fsf@desiato.home.uhoreg.ca>
>   S is the number of members who have resigned since the last review period,
>   and who would have been expired at the current review period if they had
>   not resigned.
>   A nice formation for that one is: <[🔎] 20141120211711.GB27466@master.debian.org>
>      On Jan 1st of each year the term of any Committee member who has served
>      more than 42 months (3.5 years) and who is one of the two most senior
>      members is set to expire on Dec 31st of that year.

Since I was asked for clarification about those, I'll provide an
example.

Let's assume that the four older members of the TC are:
Alice, 7 years on the TC
Bob, 6 years on the TC
Carol, 5 years on the TC
Dan, 3 years on the TC

if Dan resigns:
 with "2-R", Alice expires
 with "2-R'", "2-S" and "2", Alice and Bob expire

if Carol resigns:
 with "2-R", Alice expires
 with "2-R'", Alice expires (Carol's resignation count as a
              virtual expiration, because 5 years >> 4.5 years)
 with "2-S" and "2", Alice and Bob expire.

if Bob resigns:
 with "2-R", Alice expires
 with "2-R'", Alice expires (Bob's resignation count as a
              virtual expiration, because 6 years >> 4.5 years)
 with "2-S", Alice expires (Bob's resignation count as an
              expiration, given that he would have expired anyway)
 with "2", Alice and Carol expire.

if Alice resigns:
 with "2-R", Bob expires
 with "2-R'", Bob expires (Alice's resignation count as a
              virtual expiration, because 7 years >> 4.5 years)
 with "2-S", Bob expires (Alice's resignation count as an
              expiration, given that she would have expired anyway)
 with "2", Bob and Carol expire.

Lucas