Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:33:10AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> [...]
>>>          2. A member of the Technical Committee is said to be more senior
>>>             than another if they were appointed earlier, or were appointed
>>>             at the same time and have been a member of the Debian Project
>>>             longer. In the event that a member has been appointed more
>>>             than once, only the most recent appointment is relevant.
>>
>> I think it makes more sense to have someone who was previously a member
>> of the TC have more seniority, before "age" within the project:
>
> I think since this is a tie-breaker situation which will presumably
> rarely happen, it doesn't really matter much.

How about:

   For the purpose of determining seniority, simultaneous appointments
   are deemed to have taken place in the order of names in the mail that
   announced their appointment.

The TC can then decide how they're going to do the ordering at
appointment time, and that's then clear to all -- no need to come up
with lots of words that might still not give a distinct result.

Cheers, Phil.