Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

[quoting out of order]
    >> I also believe that we should not treat the current situation as
    >> exceptional.  This will not be the last time we have a tough
    >> issue before us that takes up a lot of emotional energy.  It is
    >> strongly in the interest of TC members and the project for us to
    >> encourage people to find something that makes them happy when the
    >> TC no longer does.  So, I recommend evaluating these mechanisms
    >> against future similar situations as an important evaluation
    >> criteria.

    Stefano> Agreed.

    Stefano> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:12:13PM +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> For myself I do not like the effects of option 1.
[only 3 people on the TC]

    Stefano> Note that it has been proposed to amend option (1) to
    Stefano> remove the transitional measure. I have yet to see
    Stefano> objections to that proposal.

    Stefano> With that change applied, and limited to the effects you
    Stefano> discussed in your mail, proposal (1) will behave exactly
    Stefano> like (4).

That's exactly the sort of thinking I was hoping to avoid when I said
we  need to avoid treating the current situation as exceptional.
I dislike any option that would produce bad results if applied in the
middle of the current situation.  Why?  I think the current situation
could happen again at any time.

Hmm, are you saying that I should dislike option 4 too because if we had
three resignations in the middle of next year we could get into the same
situation unless some of the resignations were from the senior members?
I actually do find that reason compelling as an argument of 2-r over
2-s.

--Sam