Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:12:13PM +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
> 1) 2 would expire two people at Jan 1, 2015, meaning the TC had only 3
> experienced folks on it.
[...]
> 4) Anthony's new proposal would schedule the two most senior folks  to
> expire at end of 2015, right?  So you'd have up to 5 experienced folks
> through most of 2015.
>
> For myself I do not like the effects of option 1.

Note that it has been proposed to amend option (1) to remove the
transitional measure. I have yet to see objections to that proposal.

With that change applied, and limited to the effects you discussed in
your mail, proposal (1) will behave exactly like (4).

> I also believe that we should not treat the current situation as
> exceptional.  This will not be the last time we have a tough issue
> before us that takes up a lot of emotional energy.  It is strongly in
> the interest of TC members and the project for us to encourage people
> to find something that makes them happy when the TC no longer does.
> So, I recommend evaluating these mechanisms against future similar
> situations as an important evaluation criteria.

Agreed.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .