Re: [SUMMARY] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:45:18AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I'm trying to summarize the thread here, so that others have an easy
> way in.

Thanks.

> "soft": <[🔎] 20141119220621.GA31739@master.debian.org>
> "max": <[🔎] 20141120192253.GA6120@jtriplet-mobl1>
> "2": <[🔎] 20141120204606.GA30491@upsilon.cc>
> "2-R": <[🔎] 20141119091345.GA9825@xanadu.blop.info>, formalized in
> "2-R'": <[🔎] 20141119220621.GA31739@master.debian.org>
> "2-S": <[🔎] 874mttkatj.fsf@desiato.home.uhoreg.ca>

FWIW, I'm trying to collect at

  http://git.upsilon.cc/?p=text/gr-ctte-term-limit.git;a=tree

one fully fleshed out proposal for each (reasonable) proposal on the
table. At present, I've "2", "2-R", and "max" (which is in the fact the
name for it that I've proposed to Josh, who has kindly submitted a patch
for it).  I don't have yet "soft", "2-S", and "2-R'" (it would be nice
to have a better title for the latter one).

Patches welcome to fill the above gaps. What to do should be trivial
after reading README. "make" will do for you the Constitution diffing
and GR text preparation.

That said, I do believe we are almost in the realm of bikeshed/minutiae
here, and I would see as a problem having a ballot with the above 6
options + FD.  So I do hope we can converge/compromise, at least among
option proposers, on a single option.

If we cannot, I'm personally going to call for second on *one* myself
(the one that I consider most convincing), after giving this list (and
-ctte) at least 1 week of advance notice. Others can propose and/or
second amendments, taking on their share of responsibility for having a
larger ballot.

Lucas: can I conclude from your summary that you do *not* have a 7th
alternative proposal in the working (which is what I was assuming thus
far)?

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .