Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 12:33:28PM +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
> While I do think that 4-5 years is a good term length, I do think a
> lot of churn can be bad, and 2-r makes a lot of sense to me for the
> reason you give above.

Not sure if you've read it Sam, but just in case: I find Phil's example
in <[🔎] 871toz16nz.fsf@hands.com> to be most convincing against the 2-R
model in general. If, OTOH, your objective is avoid churn in the *short*
term, then dropping the transitional measure as mentioned by Scott and
Lucas would be more than enough. (And, in fact, we can even have
intermediate solutions like bumping the transitional measure from 1
months to 6.)

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .