Re: [DRAFT #2] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On 20/11/14 at 08:21 +0000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> FWIW, I agree with Steve here. The nature of the tech ctte is that it
> only does things when there's some sort of significant enough problem
> that can't be dealt with by other means, and that's pretty much always
> going to be stressful. If the problem's not significant, no one cares
> enough to take it to the ctte; if it's easy, it just gets dealt with. If
> it's hard and important, dealing with it will be stressful...
>
> That said, the breaks without activity make it easier, certainly --
> I can't imagine someone lasting as DPL or release manager for 16 or 13
> or 9 years, for instance.

I think that this is a (quite useless) discussion about the exact
meaning of 'stress-full'. To be clear, I fully agree that the stress
level of TC members has probably been super-high for the last 3 years or
so. But I hope that this is just an anomaly, and that at some point it
will return to being super-high only from time to time (when there are
decisions to make), so that on average it isn't such a stress-full role.

Lucas