Re: [DRAFT #2] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 08:01:54AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > I don't think that the TC is a stress-full role. Obviously the recent past
> > > proved how the role can be incredibly stressful at times. But there has
> > > also been long periods without much activity, [...]

FWIW, I agree with Steve here. The nature of the tech ctte is that it
only does things when there's some sort of significant enough problem
that can't be dealt with by other means, and that's pretty much always
going to be stressful. If the problem's not significant, no one cares
enough to take it to the ctte; if it's easy, it just gets dealt with. If
it's hard and important, dealing with it will be stressful...

That said, the breaks without activity make it easier, certainly --
I can't imagine someone lasting as DPL or release manager for 16 or 13
or 9 years, for instance.

Cheers,
aj