Re: [DRAFT #2] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 06:31:31PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>, 2014-11-18, 21:49:
> >-    5. If the Technical Committee and the Project Leader agree they may
> >+    5. A Developer is not eligible to be (re)appointed to the Technical
> >+       Committee if they have been a member within the previous 12 months.
> >+    6. If the Technical Committee and the Project Leader agree they may
> >       remove or replace an existing member of the Technical Committee.
>
> Not sure why you had to renumber existing stuff;

So, that is because (a) logically the point about the "vacation" period
seems more related to appointment rather than removal from the CTTE, and
therefore (b) to preserve the relative order of list items about
appointment vs list items about removal.

But if renumbering one point of the Constitution is annoying (Cc:-ing
secretary) we can certainly switch 5 with 6 and avoid it.

FWIW I did check, and I didn't find any reference /in the Constitution/
to §6.2.5 that would become dangling due to this renumbering.

> but other than that, looks good to me!

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .