Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

Le mercredi, 19 novembre 2014, 10.13:45 Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> The '2-R' schema could even result in an internal TC discussion: "OK,
> the Project wants us to change two members. Are there people that feel
> like resigning now? Or should we just fallback to the default of
> expiring the two most senior members?"
> I think that if this happened, it would be very healthy for the TC.

I quite like the idea. I was also thinking of something along the lines
of "automatic resignation unless self-extended", similar to what we have
(although mildly working) for DMs. This would be equivalent to saying
that the TC terms are of one year, renewed manually by "stating so", up
to 5 times.

This would allow automatic expiry of members becoming inactive for some
reason, without implying a TC+DPL decision (§6.2.5). This would also put
the "should I continue be part of the TC for a new one-year term"
question explicitly and annually on the table.

OdyX