Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014, Holger Levsen wrote:
> (FWIW, I _think_ I prefer an even number here... and despite labeling
> this a "game changer" I'm not sure I care that much about this
> change... arg and this might sound like it could be misunderstood
> again...)

The real reason to use an odd number is to avoid having to use the
casting vote in the CTTE. Considering that we've used the casting vote
exactly once in the entire history of Debian, I'm not sure that
including this is worth the effort if even one person disagrees.

You could say she lived on the edge... Well, maybe not exactly on the edge,
just close enough to watch other people fall off.
  -- hugh macleod http://www.gapingvoid.com/Moveable_Type/archives/000309.html