Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 14:15:25 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> said:

>    7. Term limit:
>         1. Membership of the Technical Committee is automatically
>            reviewed on the 1st of January of each year. At this time, the
>            terms of the 2 most senior members automatically expire
>            provided they were appointed at least four and a half years
>            (54 months) ago.

One possible reading of that is that both members must have been
appointed at least 54 months ago in order for either of them to be
expired, which is probably not what was meant.

I'm not entirely sure what a better wording would be.  Maybe adding an
extra sentence saying: "If only one member was appointed at least four
and a half years (54 months) ago, that member's term expires."  But I'm
not too happy with they way that flows, and maybe someone can come up
with something better.

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/