Re: Re: [DRAFT] Maximum term for tech ctte members

Hi,

>   6.2. Composition
>
>     1. The Technical Committee consists of up to 8 Developers, and should
>        usually have at least 4 members.
>     2. When there are fewer than 8 members the Technical Committee may
>        recommend new member(s) to the Project Leader, who may choose
>        (individually) to appoint them or not.
>     3. When there are 5 members or fewer the Technical Committee may
>        appoint new member(s) until the number of members reaches 6.
>     4. When there have been 5 members or fewer for at least one week the
>        Project Leader may appoint new member(s) until the number of
>        members reaches 6, at intervals of at least one week per
>        appointment.

Why not avoid the casting vote problem by stipulating that the number
of members should always be an odd number. In case it is a problem of
keeping this number always odd, at least when voting is required, the
number of voters should be odd (either by excluding or including one
voter). (Yes, I know about the Condorcet Voting System with Schwartz
Sequential Dropping.)

Sincerely