Re: "done with consensus decisionmaking", "war", "rearguard battles" [was: Re: REISSUED CfV: General Resolution: Init system coupling]

On 10 November 2014 07:14, Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> wrote:
> For the sake of clarity, I'd like to point out that I didn't start this
> thread solely because of a single IRC log, but rather because of a
> pattern of behavior over the last year that shows no signs of changing.

I do find it quite alarming that this discussion has now divulged into
a discussion of the behavior one of the initiators of the discussion
and has completely abandoned the actual issues. Regardless of who
started what and when, attacking personal credibility of your opponent
is not a winning argument.

Even if person X feels that he is "at war", that alone does not make
his technical arguments invalid.

If you do not liek where Ian is coming from with his point of view -
do not argue with him. Argue with other people. Or, better yet, argue
with the facts.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org