Re: How about always sending a copy of proposals, amendements, secondes etc. to the Secretary ?

On Wed, 05 Nov 2014, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Would it help to amend point 4.2.5 of our constitution, to request
> that in addition to the "announcement on a publicly-readable
> electronic mailing list", a copy of proposals, amendments, sponsors,
> etc. must also be sent to the Secretary ? It seems unfair to request
> the Secretary to read each and every email on debian-vote...

Those of us who propose amendments and proposals should really propose a
ballot option name, amendment, and figure out who seconded the proposals
and just send them to the secretary in wml suitable for direct inclusion
in the appropriate vote_nnn.wml file.

I don't think it's necessary to actually amend the constitution to do
this, because it's just something that we can do.

Religion is religion, however you wrap it, and like Quell says, a
preoccupation with the next world clearly signals an inability to cope
credibly with this one.
 -- Richard K. Morgan "Broken Angels" p65