Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

On 04/11/14 at 02:16 +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     >> Personally, I agree that having multiple active discussion/second
>     >> periods on debian-vote is problematic.
>
>     Don> Right; that's what we seemed to agree on as well.
>
>     Don> I think that we can all agree that we'd like a decision on this
>     Don> amendment significantly before January 1st, which presumably
>     Don> means having it formally proposed well before December 3rd.
>
> OK.  So there is some time pressure.

Of course, it would be better if this GR could be passed before January
1st, 2015. However, we could avoid having to rush things by simply
including a paragraph that says something such as:

   If this GR proposal is passed after 2015-01-01, then the first
   automatic review of membership of the Technical Committee happens
   immediately.

With the current wording of a 4.5 years limit, this also doesn't change
anything for the future unless we delay it so much that there's no time
to appoint new members before 2015-07-01.

Lucas