Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

On 2014-11-03, Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:
> I'm really kind of frustrated and disappointed reading your message, and
> I expect it's just a side effect of some wording choice here.
> It sounds like what you're saying is that the TC has decided to defer
> the discussions of TC term limits, but not to bring this forward or
> explain their reasons on debian-vote.

I read the logs from the tech-ctte meeting, and my impression was that
 - people in tech-ctte thinks that maximum terms are a good idea
 - that they should push the thing forward (if no one else does)
 - but they should wait with doing it until the current GR is over

I do think it is right to not have too many GR discussions running at
the same time to ensure that the project members have enough mental
bandwidth to figure out what to vote.

/Sune
 - who would prefer if a max term wasn't needed by law, but the
   tech-ctte members by convention stepped back after some periods of
   time by themselves