Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

    Neil> This was discussed at the last tech-ctte irc meeting, and it
    Neil> was agreed to defer this until the current GR has quietened
    Neil> down. See
    Neil> http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-ctte/2014/debian-ctte.2014-10-30-17.00.log.html

Hi.
I'm really kind of frustrated and disappointed reading your message, and
I expect it's just a side effect of some wording choice here.
It sounds like what you're saying is that the TC has decided to defer
the discussions of TC term limits, but not to bring this forward or
explain their reasons on debian-vote.

  I don't really think it's appropriate for the TC to decide what a
non-TC member (ajt) does about a discussion on debian-project,
especially when that discussion is *about* the TC.

If the TC as a whole or individual members about the TC have input to
the broader community, I think it's fine for them to share that.

However, I think that to avoid an appearance of a conflict of interest,
they should share that on debian-vote rather than simply having the
discussion die.  Also, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the TC or any
members with opinions made it clear they were giving input to the
project, not actually acting within some area where the TC has decision
making authority.