Re: ConsoleKit has been forked

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 03:18:25PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> That's a nice step. Now we just need someone to maintain the consolekit
> codepaths in all the desktop environments, in policykit and in other
> users.

It's being maintained by XFCE until the systemd API's are good enough in
non-systemd. In case of bugs in ConsoleKit support, just use it and file
bugs.

Things to keep in mind:
- logind has moved on from ConsoleKit featureset
- systembsd implements more than just "logind" (timedated, etc)
  These API's can be reimplemented (that's why it was adopted)
- logind does more than just ConsoleKit AFAIK
  see http://dvdhrm.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/sane-session-switching/
  This is used for Wayland
- IMO better to help out things "systembsd" and -shim and coordinate
  what will work and what not
  AFAIK the logind API is complicated to support fully, but probably not
  all the API is needed/used

--
Regards,
Olav