I give up (for the time being)

Hi

It's not usual in me to give up on something when I'm completely certain
that I'm right.  I hope you appreciate that I'm doing a great personal
sacrifice here.

Ean said:

  "Discussion of these issues in the shadow of Lenny warps people's minds
   and makes sane discourse impossible."

I've been pondering on that statement, and I think it's the most insightful
point that has been made in this thread.  I've gradually confirmed to be true
over the course of the discussion.

There's no point in insist that people shouldn't be irrationally committed
to releasing Lenny.  Feelings aren't supposed to be rational, just like my
course of action hasn't been completely rational either.

I realize that insisting too hard precisely at this time has the opposite
effect to the goals I was trying to defend.

So, I'll stop now.  Do not think this means the problem just got "solved".  I
only do it because I expect we can have a healthy discussion about it after
Lenny is released.

Best wishes to everyone,

--
Robert Millan