Re: Technical committee resolution

Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 01:11:35AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > I suggest assigning each open issue to a CTTE member in turn who acts
> > as the chair for that issue (with skipping if the member should recuse
> > themselves because they are directly involved.) [This can be tracked
> > using the owner field in the BTS.]
>
> Alternatively, would a ctte secretary help? ie: someone who's not on the
> ctte, but simply organises votes and discussion on issues, tracking what
> state things are in.

Well, those are all part of a chair's usual remit and if the TC chair
wants to delegate some of it to a non-member secretary, that should be
their call - leave it open in any reform, removing the current "There
is no separate secretary for the Committee".  The recording of the
TC's work is done by sending to a public list, so that part of a
secretary's role isn't needed.

Regards,