Re: on firmware (possible proposal)

This one time, at band camp, Robert Millan said:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:14:30PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > This one time, at band camp, Robert Millan said:

> > > Can you?  Would you explain how?  (and no, "I run wireshark in my gateway and
> > > dig through several GiBs of data" doesn't really tell me anything)
> >
> > Disregarding standard diagnostic tools doesn't really add to your
> > credibility in this.
>
> Ad hominem doesn't really work as a stock replacement for justifiing things.

Your use of 'ad hominem' seems to imply that you think that I made the
argument personal at a point when it was not personal.  You told me
that pcap output wouldn't tell _you_ anything, at which point you made
the discussion about what was relevant to you.  pcap output is in fact
a relevant diagnostic tool for this, just as gdb or an oscilloscope are
relevant diagnostic tools in their areas.  Whether or not they're useful
to you isn't all that interesting or even really my problem.