Re: call for seconds: on firmware

* Manoj Srivastava [Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:38:56 -0600]:

>         That does not seem to make sense. Either you have
>   'none of this non-free crap in the archive ever'
>       or you have
>   'the release team downgrades these bugs and includes non-free crap'

>         Not both.

>         Which is why they are on the same ballot.

How does one vote, "I want the Release Team to have freedom to use
<suite>-ignore tags, plus I want to allow firmware in main independently
of what the Release Team thinks"?

How does one vote, "I want the Release Team to have freedom to use
<suite>-ignore tags, plus I want Lenny not to be blocked by firmware
issues even if the Release teams changes their mind and remove the
lenny-ignore tags"?

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
                -- Oscar Wilde