Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 09:35:36AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2008, Jurij Smakov wrote:
>
> > > For reference, this will now not take place, as the original GR has been
> > > amended to not include the decision reversal text.
> >
> > I find it mildly entertaining that this vote did not take place
> > because apparently it takes "a couple of days, [...] and sometimes
> > longer" [0] to set up an "immediate" vote.
>
> Also note that 2K seconds puts any decision by a delegate on hold.  The
> immediate vote then is held to see if it stays on hold until the real GR
> is done.  So the only person who'd be in his rights to complain is
> Joerg and he publicly said that he didn't need this immediate vote.

Sorry, but saying that Joerg, who is neither a proposer nor sponsor
of this GR, is "the only person who'd be in his rights to complain" is
pretty ridiculous.

My interpretation of the constitution is that after 2K sponsorships
are acquired, there must be an immediate vote. If this vote is delayed
for some technical reasons, it definitely should *not* be cancelled
later for any reason whatsoever, because in the perfect world it would
have happened at once.

Cheers.
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org