Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
>> Il giorno gio, 21/06/2007 alle 17.37 +0200, Bastian Venthur ha scritto:
>>> So, why such a complicated GR introducing second class DDs? Just grant a
>>> few more rights to our NMs and try to improve the NM process in the long
>>> run and everybody will be happy.
>> Esquisitely true.

> In short, this DM status is complementary to NM. It's not working around
> any deficiency in the NM process.

I really doubt that. If I read Anthony's links he have in his GR
proposal, it all sounds very much like a workaround for the problems
with our NM process. Especially the second one "Reforming the NM process".

And the main question is is still open: Why do we need this DM status?
Which problem does it solve, if not the ones with our NM process?

I think Anthony should have give those reasons directly in his proposal,
so that people like me who don't know what he's trying to solve don't
have to guess.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org