Re: Reflections about the questions for the candidates

Hello Enrico,

> But there's more than that.  In the last year as part of the DPL Team,
> people have been criticising the last year for the lack of reports.  But
> I don't remember a single one sending in a mail like "Dear DPL[-Team],
> what happened last week?".
>
> It would have been a pleasure to answer such a question with something
> like "Hi, thanks for asking.  It was mainly reasoning about the Security
> Team, plus approving expenditure of $300 for flying person X to
> conference Y".

If that would have been a pleasure, I'm wondering why your team did not do
that.

I've sent just a couple of mails to leader in the past term, less than a
handfull. Of those, I have received exactly zero replies from the DPL, you
or the rest of the team.

Here are some suggestions for possible answers:
- Thanks for your mail, we're already doing this-and-that to address the
problem;
- Thanks for the input, but I disagree for this reason;
- Good to hear from you, but unfortunately this is currently not a priority;
- I'll consider that the next time such an issue comes along.

I find it very strange that the DPL(team) explicitly calls for all input,
then ignores that input, and then complains on -vote that they did not get
enough opportunity to tell what they were doing.

bye,
Thijs