Re: GR Proposal: GFDL statement

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 08:53:11PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>           In addition to the simple restrictions of freedoms imposed by the
>  Invariant Sections, they also cause practical problems: [...]

This is a huge chunk of text for a dcoument that's already a bit
too long to be easily read.

>           Analogous to the software program freedoms, we need to
>  articulate the freedoms required for the subset of software called
>  documentation.

If we're making a position statement, we shouldn't say "we need to
articulate" things, we should just articulate them. From everything I've
seen, though, I think Debian simply wants to have the same freedoms for
programs and documentation, rather than coming up with a different set;
certainly that's the way the social contract is now written.

Cheers,
aj