Re: Branden's time commitments (was: Re: followup to my time-management question)

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:35:15PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Daniel Stone (daniel@fooishbar.org) [050321 03:55]:
> > On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 06:35:01PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > > Branden Robinson: eleven packages, two other jobs
> > >   nine in good shape, two could be better.
> > >   other jobs in good shape (though one, policy, might not really exist)
>
> > I would argue that xfree86 could be in far better shape; X.Org 6.7.0
> > was released in April 2004, 6.8.0 in August 2004 (IIRC), and there have
> > been two point releases of 6.8.x since.  Despite the availability of
> > xorg packages, Debian is still languishing with XFree86 4.3 (release
> > date was February 2003, I believe).
>
> Just for the record, the release team asked for not updating X to X.org
> in sarge. Thanks, Branden, for respecting this.

But we could have had X.org in experimental if we had wanted, or had the force
to do it, or had allowed Daniel to do it or whatever, and given the time it
took from the 4.3.0 upstream release until it was available this would have
been a good idea. But well, i guess the X strike force hadn't had any time
left for that.

Friendly,

Sven Luther