Re: PROPOSAL: Communication to solve the dispute. (was: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:00:29PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> Rationale:
>
>   - Taking technical decisions through voting is not generaly a good
>     idea.

Agreed.

>   - We're facing a communication problem, so the solution is to ease
>     communication between the affected parties.

This GR seems to force communication between ftpmaster and the porters.
I don't think communication will be eased by a GR forcing people to talk
to each other. How is this better than the text of the original GR?

>   - Deciding wether the port is ready for sarge is beyond the scope of
>     this problem.

Agreed.

--
gram