tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
>> The only thing that can belong on vote (after being put in a revised
>> GR) is the inclusion in sid [if it has to come to that]. That would be
>> a GR to overturn the ftp-master decision (by inaction) to not include
>> amd64.
>
> I'm afraid I can't even consider voting for such a resolution until I
> hear from ftp-master why inclusion in sid hasn't happened, and it
> isn't my job to gather that information.  If you want my support,
> you'll have to do more than just express frustration.

Getting that information or getting amd64 added to sid would be the
point of the revised GR. It would have to be worded in a way that
forces ftp-master to add amd64 in a reasonable timeframe unless he can
give reasons not to.

It would also have to be worded in a way that gets the DPL to
disappoint the ftp-master team and to replace it with one that will
act. As said previously there is no way to force volunteers to do a
job so replacing them with one that does so willingly is the only way.

Currently I see work being done to resolve the issue (and I was seeing
efforts being made before the GR and would not have written it at that
time [or that way]). So there is not much point in making an amendment
to the GR (replacing it with sid inclusion) at this time or in keeping
this GR [and you might doubt there ever was one, lets not reflame that].

Lets leave it at that and see wha happens.

MfG
        Goswin