On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 05:36:59AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:

> > > Can you tell me why you think "mixing 32bit and 64bit" isn't a solvable
> > > problem?
> >
> > Because you won't get upstream to accpet patches and the same probably
> > goes for the Debian maintainers for binutils and gcc.

> In other words, you'd have to fork those packages until the issues
> got resolved?

> > You will always get the warnings there which I feel is unacceptable
> > since its avoidable.

> Then leave that as a known bug until multiarch is ready.  Doesn't sound
> like a showstopper for biarch.

> Or, if it is too annoying to tolerate, then it's worth addressing.

I'm trying to decide if you're being deliberately ironic by, in a thread
about a GR which orders the ftp-masters and release team to include a
port for sarge, making your own demands of the amd64 porters to
implement specific technical decisions that go above and beyond what is
necessary for a self-sustaining port.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer