On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 05:56:51PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> The Debian amd64 port does support some 32 bit binaries through the use
> of ia32-libs.

Ok, I was under the impression that it did not.

I'll try to install it this weekend.

> I'm very curious as to what, specifically, *you* need.  Though I would
> appriciate it if you could look beyond that to what the rest of the
> community needs as well.

In 32 bit land?  I can probably live with: accept bind connect fcntl
fsync fork ftruncate gethostbyaddr gethostbyname listen lseek mkdir mmap
msync munmap open read recv select send setsockopt socket stat unlink
waitpid and write

But, yeah, other people likely have other needs.

> > I use Debian.  On amd64.  For now, I'm using it (the i386 flavor) in a
> > chroot jail on a gentoo base, or by rebooting into it.
>
> This is mildly interesting.  You would prefer to have to continue to do
> that until sarge+1?

No.

Thanks,

--