* Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org) wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:17:55AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Raul Miller (moth@debian.org) wrote:
> > > In other words, that the only thing we're talking about is distribution
> > > of binaries built from sarge sources?
> >
> > Make it a release architecture which will move those bugs to RC and give
> > us a BSP weekend.
>
> Did the amd64 team even ask the release team whether NMUing for amd64
> support is alright in case maintainers are inactive? I don't see why we
> absolutely need to have amd64 on ftp.d.o in order to achieve this.

I suppose not, but if it's not a release architecture I don't really see
the justification for the NMU.  It's possible (though pretty unlikely,
but still) that such an NMU will break things or delay things more when
people are working towards a release.  If you really think it'd be worth
asking them then I suppose we can, I don't really have any problem
asking, just seems like an obvious answer to me, and other package
maintainers are likely to feel the same way.

	Stephen