On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 12:33:03PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:19:55AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Well, no, but i believe that new kernel release handling deserve it too,
> > and not this almost a month if not more wait from upload to NEW queue
> > handling we are currently seing. And i have sent a non-flame mail to
> > ftp-masters, proposing help on handling of this, like overviewing the
> > changes between versions and proposing a resume of it, to help the
> > ftp-masters job, but to this date, i hardly have seen a reply.
>
> Sven, I guess everybody would be much more sympathetic to your cause if
> you would not use every remotely connected opportunity to argue about
> it. ("Oh! Somebody said ftp-master! Better jump in there!")

Well, please tell me what other choice i have ?

And anyway, this is not like what you mean. This is the exact same
symptom of all what is being discussed here, and that is that it is
impossible for some random developer to have a discussion about some
such stuff started with the folk who have the full control over if it
will ever happen or no.

The above case is symptomatic of it. The email i sent was cool, and i
asked on how the kernel team could help make the new kernel version NEW
processing easier for the ftp-masters, and i never got an answer on
this, neither expect to get one.

But denying that there is a problem, like some did, or being upset about
people being upset and going public about it, like other did, is not a
solution.

And again, this is something that goes beyond just the inclusion of the
amd64 port or NEW queue processing, it is a general disease of the
debian project.

Friendly,

Sven Luther