Re: DRAFT amendment to "Release sarge with amd64": "Freeze architecture support for sarge"

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:06:18PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:52:20 +0200, Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> said:

> >> Just for the reference, I'm inclined to change it into something
> >> like "Debian reaffirms that the decision to include an architecture
> >> or not lies with the RM"...
>
> > Regardless of what person is in charge, I think this person should
> > _only_ be in charge for evaluating what the consensus of the
> > developers is.
>
> 	You want a release manager who is a mere rubber stamp for a
>  large group of people who can't ever agree on anything unless beating
>  each other on the head with a GR? And you think this shall somehow
>  result in the best OS in the world? What planet do you come from?

Manoj, please explain to me how you can achieve the best OS in the
world, if part of the project refuse to communicate with other peoples,
and sometimes on things vital to the further progress of the project.

Friendly,

Sven Luther