Re: DRAFT amendment to "Release sarge with amd64": "Freeze architecture support for sarge"

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:52:20 +0200, Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> said:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:54:53AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:45:56AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
>> > Anyway, I'm likely to second the proposal that comes out of this
>> > draft.
>>
>> Just for the reference, I'm inclined to change it into something
>> like "Debian reaffirms that the decision to include an architecture
>> or not lies with the RM"...

> Regardless of what person is in charge, I think this person should
> _only_ be in charge for evaluating what the consensus of the
> developers is.

	You want a release manager who is a mere rubber stamp for a
 large group of people who can't ever agree on anything unless beating
 each other on the head with a GR? And you think this shall somehow
 result in the best OS in the world? What planet do you come from?

	manoj
--
Debian is like Suse with yast turned off, just better. :) Goswin
Brederlow Arnold's Laws of Documentation: If it should exist, it