On 2004-07-14 19:42:22 +0100 Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> wrote:

On 2004-07-14 18:03:28 +0100 Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> wrote:
[...] using our conversation that I mentioned as proof that ftpmaster can sometimes be reasonable.
Who had? [...]
Perhaps I misconstrued what was written... since several of the emails
were from you.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/07/msg00025.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/07/msg00041.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/07/msg00042.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/07/msg00058.html

I have no idea why you took mine as "proof" of anything, other than that amd64 people knew more than was in the GR. I was asking what the problem is, more-or-less. Or, to repeat from the second of those URLs: OK, so the GR is seeking to overrule ftpmasters? Were these emails sent to them about amd64 cc'd anywhere public?

Still no answer, yet clearly read by both Josselin and yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if the GR was silently ignored(!) until it is obvious why it is a valid GR.

"Matthew Garrett is quite the good sort of fellow, despite what
my liver is sure to say about him in [...] 40 years" -- branden