On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:27:23PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> Isn't this the sort of thing the tech-ctte is for?

The technical committee has already made one decision relevant to
this thread.

That said, it's not clear to me how "all possible speed" is any different
from the current situation.  People are not focusing on solving the
technical problems.  Instead, most of the disagreements I'm seeing are
of the form "neener, neener, neener".

It's probably a good idea for the technical committee (and everyone else)
to stay out of such disagreements as much as possible.

As an illustration of what I mean, if I install debian on my amd64
machine, and I issue the command "dpkg-source -b dpkg", I'd expect to get
a working dpkg package out of that that I could use to build and upload
amd64 packages.  Last time I checked, [yesterday] this was not the case.

--
Raul