Re: DRAFT amendment to "Release sarge with amd64": "Freeze architecture support for sarge"

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:54:53AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:45:56AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > Anyway, I'm likely to second the proposal that comes out of this draft.
>
> Just for the reference, I'm inclined to change it into something like "Debian
> reaffirms that the decision to include an architecture or not lies with the
> RM"...

Regardless of what person is in charge, I think this person should _only_ be
in charge for evaluating what the consensus of the developers is.

We don't want to jump between some people taking decisions in the shadow to
others doing the same, do we?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)