Re: DRAFT amendment to "Release sarge with amd64": "Freeze architecture support for sarge"

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:25:26AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> The following is a draft for an amendment to the latest GR; I'd appreciate
> comments on it before eventually proposing it:
>
> ===
>
> I hereby propose an amendment to the current GR proposal "Release sarge
> with amd64":
>
>   The Debian project hereby resolves,
>
>   That we will not include further architectures for the next Debian release
>   (codenamed 'sarge'), except for possible point releases (at the Release
>   Manager's discretion).
>
> The text completely replaces that of the original proposal.

Just FYI:

Decisions about point releases are usually handled by the Stable Release
Manager.

By convention, that is a different role than the Release Manager.

For quite some time (years) these two roles have been filled by different
individuals.  For example, Anthony Towns is the Release Manager and Joey
Schulze is the Stable Release Manager.  Both of these men have held those
positions for quite some time.

Read literally, your amendment might be interpreted as an attempt to
recast the responsibilities of these roles.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It may be difficult to to determine
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    where religious beliefs end and