On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:02:03PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:23:44AM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > > I strongly suspect there are many others in Debian who also have no
> > > problems communicating with James.
>
> > And there are many others that actually have those problems and I don't
> > think it's their fault, when James can't differ personal dislikes and duties
> > of his job as being in a role position.
>
> Funnily enough, I was under the impression that mostly some other
> ftp-master than James is working on the mirroring rework, which
> (rightfully) should be completed before we add other ports.

Well, the real problem is one of information and transparence.

> Ah, but James is the catchall-address for problems in Debian, anyway.

Yep, i believe he is not the only one concerned here. I have some
trouble understanding how the whole ftp-master team works anyway, but it
would be very usefull to not have repeats of this sort of messes if
there was a bit more transparency in their doing.

And i believe that such transparency could be added in some automated way
as to not cause any additional burden on the ftp-masters.

Friendly,

Sven Luther