On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:36:35AM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> I really don't see this problem.  I have absolutely no problem
> communicating with James, in fact I'm doing so right now.  Nothing to do
> with this issue, just two developers communicating with each other.
>
> I strongly suspect there are many others in Debian who also have no
> problems communicating with James.
>
> I expect it's because we say things like "James, have you got a minute?"
> and "thanks for your help" instead of "[YOU] ARE [TOO] LAZY TO WORK AND
> [TOO] LEET TO COMMUNICATE WITH SECOND-CLASS DDs. [I WANT YOU TO] BE
> REMOVED FROM [YOUR] POSITIONS"

Of the people that I have heard comment about James he seems to be
quite easy to talk to if you have met him in person but otherwise is
nearly impossible to even get him to respond at all. I am pretty sure
you fall into the first category since you live near him...

And just to clarify I did not state the quote above it was someone else.
Although it does closely resemble the opinion that most people I know
who had to deal with James online have of him. I guess I could sum up
my entire problem with various DD's as being their near total lack of
communication. Martin made communication part of his platform but it
doesn't seem that much progress has been made in that aspect.

Chris

http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/platforms/tbm