On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 03:46:06PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:40:29PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > #include <hallo.h>
> > * Ingo Juergensmann [Tue, Jul 13 2004, 08:12:22PM]:
>
> > > This issue has been raised many, many times before, because part of
> > > ftp-masters are as well part of DSA as part of wanna-build crew as part of
> > > <name your favorite thing here>.
>
> > > People in role positions should IMHO be forced to communicate with
> > > *everyone* that address to their role position. If they don't communicate
> > > with others, DPL should take action to remove them from their role.
>
> > Seconded.
>
> > Since in the last thread initiated by me I asked for a similar action
> > (read: an answer) and nothing happened, I think this is a clear answer
> > from FTP masters, saying: WE ARE TO LAZY TO WORK AND TO LEET TO
> > COMMUNICATE WITH SECOND-CLASS DDs. WE WANNA BE REMOVED FROM OUR
> > POSITIONS. That is the only remainding interpretation of their silent
> > response.
>
> And a wonderful job you've done of showing us all how wrong it is for the
> ftp-masters to think there would ever be more important things to do with
> their time than reply to a given email.

Its a chicken and egg problem, lack of communication creates dissent.
Dissent leads to open hosility which you see here. There have been
problems wrt James lack of communication for many years, certainly long
before I was involved with the amd64 port, all you have to do is look
through old archives regarding ftpmaster, DAM, keyring maintainence,
etc.

Chris