On 2004-07-13 18:27:58 +0100 Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> wrote:

Several of the points in the GR fall back to the ftpmaster never
communicates and thus there are no emails to quote. [...]

You should still be able to reference some email to ftpmaster cc'd to a lists.debian.org list or similar, IMO. Maybe ftpmaster isn't the only group failing to communicate properly with the rest of the project?