Re: why a debian project leader?

I think that consensus is a more democratic method of decision making. Although with a project our size, and distributed as ours, its probably just about impossible for us to use consensus. To read more about formal consensus process, see http://consensus.net/ocaccontents.html

I imagine we could use consensus of we had regional meetings, with rotating representatives who took the regional decisions to a national meeting of reps, and then to an intl meeting to make the final decision, with time for iterations and feedback back down and up the chain.Michael Albert has written extensively about how multi-level consensus decision making can work in larger scale organizations, see http://www.parecon.org/detail.htm

Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

mbc <mbc@debian.org> writes:
Personally, I don't believe in voting.

What does that mean?  You don't believe voting happens?  You would
rather have decisions made without voting?