A(nother) question to the candidates

Hi.

OK, I admit I am late.  I wanted to ask this some days ago,
but apparently forgot about it, and now, the voting period already
started.  If you feel for some reason that it is inappropriate
to answer this question after the voting period has started,
I'll have to accept this.  Please accept my apologies for
asking this so late, but I cant resist to still try it:

I have seen lots of discussions about CDD and splitting up Debian
into a core and more-or-less independent topic specific sections recently.
While I can perfectly understand the motivation behind
these discussions, I have one particular "fear" in this direction.
To the candidates: What do you think how we should
determine which software components go into the
core system, and which have to go into separately provided
"distros"?  On which criteria, in our opinion, should
we base those decisions?

I'd like to explain in more detail what I am trying to get at,
but I am a bit afraid that this would tell everyone what I am
actually wanting to hear, so I'll wait for the first replies
before I go into more detail.

--
CYa,