Re: Questions to candidates

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:

> YOU'RE AN IDIOT! CHUTUP MORMON
>
> (That, by the way, was sarcasm.)

lol :-) I would never take that seriously.. not from you at least :P

> I don't have any real position on the flames, just on the fact that
> Branden is incapable of working with quite a few people - Martin seems
> to have pissed far less developers off than Branden.
>
> Of course, Branden is polarising (witness the 'Branden Fan Club'), for
> example, but I'd rather a DPL who could work quite well with all the
> people, than one who could work brilliantly with 20%, non-commitally
> with 40%, and not at all with another 40%.

I think that in both cases is due to the fact that X is under the eyes of
everyone. You make one user happy and one DD no and viceversa. Same goes
for apache (till a certain point).. you make happy a person fixing a bug,
someone else complains about the fix... there is nothing you can do about
it.. you get both the bad and good part of it.

> > Of course we do agree that who is going to take leadership of Debian will
> > have to behave impartially on top of his/her personal feelings, but I
> > don't think it is fair to point the finger to any of the candidates using
> > a single personal case.
>
> I don't think this is a single personal case; Branden said 'look how
> well I have managed the XSF, this is how well I'll manage Debian'. I
> felt I had to point out that this was not a good thing.

I think you are misinterpreting Branden's platform or perhaps I am, but

'I emphasize this work because many of these advantages to managing
software development translate to project management as well, as I will
show.'

means for me that he wants to use that knowledge and experience as a base
for his job as DPL (if elected of course) and not as an exact match simply
because there is no perfect match.

Anyway it is soon time to vote of: "Who is the weakest link^W^Wbest DPL?"
;)

Ciao,
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.