Re: Questions to candidates

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:

> >   Coordinating a project the size of Debian requires a very different set
> >   of skills than maintaining a large package, such as glibc.[1]
> >
> > ...or XFree86, the reader is surely invited to infer.
>

> The XSF is run as a Branden-centric 'team', whereby if someone doesn't
> agree with you, they're wrong.

Personally I don't agree with you. An eg. that doesn't touch either you or
me directly:

> Where if someone slips up and gets a little overenthusiastic, they get
> kicked out of the team briefly, others lose their access,

Which others? afaik noone other than you has been kicked out from the XFS.
My account was closed once to attempt to diagnose a problem you had
connecting to the repository. For reference this was coordinated on IRC of
which i do not have logs (#debian-devel on freenode).

> and #debian-devel's topic announces that the person has hijacked the
> package in question.

Even if it was me the object of the topic i would have find it funny,
perhaps my italian sense of humor? ;)

More seriously, I would have probably reacted the same way if someone was
going to upload one of the packages i co-maintain without warning and
specially when i am not VAC or MIA, but active almost 24/7 and the TODO
list for that release was still not empty. What would have been your
reaction to a similar situation in which you were sitting in Branden
position?

Note that I am not commenting on your personal feelings since they
represent your point of view and your personality and it doesn't stand up
to me neither to judge them or try to convince you to change them.

Fabio

> PS: I'm not subscribed to -vote, please CC me on replies.

of course ;)

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.