Re: Questions to candidates

* Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> [2004-03-12 13:39]:
> > > But, even more important than individual interactions is energy and
> > > drive.
> > >
> > I can only invite you to look at the work I've done for Debian over
> > the last years.  You'll see a high level of commitment and energy.
>
> Do you feel that isn't true of either or both of your opponents in this
> election?

Gergely is unfortunately not as involved in Debian anymore as he used
to be (I think his girlfriend is a large distraction ;), but he's
still contributing important work, such as dpatch, which I use myself.
You (Branden) are certainly very enthusiastic as well, as for example
seen by your -legal mails; I never disputed this.

Since you asked, let me raise a concern, though.  I am wondering if
you have enough time to act as DPL.  In fact, your presentation of the
situation does not correspond to the impression I have.  In
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200403/msg00052.html
you said that, "In order to accept the added responsibilities of
Project Leader, I have resigned as SPI Treasurer".  As DPL, I tried to
get you as SPI Treasurer reimburse various Debian people for months,
without any success.  Also, someone mailed treasurer@spi-inc.org,
president@spi-inc.org and leader@debian.org recently, asking why their
"significant contribution to support Debian" has not been accepted and
why they had not received their acknowledgment letter yet (needed for
tax purposes).  From my experience, you have neglected the Treasurer
role for months, rather than given it up to make more time in case you
get elected as DPL.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com